Monday, February 27, 2017

What I Do and What I Did

WHAT I DO:  Every Monday I wake up at 6:30 am.  I trudge downstairs and turn on the coffee pot.  Then I go back upstairs, brush my chompers, and get in the shower.  When I’m done with my shower I put on makeup and get dressed.  I drive to work and eat breakfast at my desk.  I come home for lunch every day at noon because I live nearby.  When I finish my lunch I go back to work until 4:00 pm.  At 4:00 pm I go down the road and take a pilates class, and then I go home for supper.  After dinner, I do some homework or study a little, and then I watch the tube before I go to bed.

WHAT I DID: Yesterday was Monday so I woke up at 6:30 am.  I trudged downstairs and turned on the coffee pot.  Then I went back upstairs, brushed my chompers, and got in the shower.  When I was done with my shower I put on makeup and got dressed.  I drove to work and ate breakfast at my desk.  I came home at noon for lunch as I do every day because I live nearby.  When I finished my lunch I went back to work until 4:00 pm.  At 4:00 pm I went down the road and took a pilates class, and then I went home for supper.  After dinner, I did some homework and studied a little, and then I watched the tube before I went to bed.


VOCABULARY:
Trudge:                (v.) walk with heavy feet
Chompers:          (n.) teeth
Noon:                   (n.) 12:00 p.m.
Pilates:                 (n.) type of exercise
Supper:                (n.) dinner
Tube:                    (n.) t.v.


VOCABULARY EXERCISE:
Write one original sentence for each vocabulary word.


GRAMMAR POINT:
Maintaining tense is important in order to be understood correctly.  The first paragraph above is in the present simple tense.  It describes what I do every Monday; things I do regularly.  The second paragraph is in the past simple tense.  It describes actions that I did yesterday that have been completed. 


GRAMMAR ACTIVITY:

Create a chart using two columns. In one column, write all the present tense verbs from the first paragraph.  In the other column, write the past versions of those verbs from the second paragraph.  

1 comment:

  1. Good parallel paragraphs in two tenses! I really like the idea and the activities that go with them.

    ReplyDelete